In this other thread, there’s a place for discussion of the #solidarityisforwhitewomen hashtag, Hugo Schwyzer, and accountability / abuse / justice in feminism. This particular thread is a place to discuss the hashtag, feminism, accountability, race and all of those things without a discussion of Hugo, suicide or self-harm, as those topics are triggering to many of our community members and I want to make sure that this discussion is open and accessible to everyone.
Here’s a link to the #solidarityisforwhitewomen hashtag. It was started by Mikki Kendall (@karnythia). Here’s the Storify for background. Mikki also wrote this piece in the Guardian explaining the hashtag.
Please take care in this thread to abide by the commenting guidelines. If you want to make a comment you believe to be potentially triggering, please do it in the thread below this one.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- #solidarityisforwhitewomen tertiary thread: WOC commentors only by Moderator Team August 19, 2013
- #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen: Reckonings and Thoughts by Jill August 14, 2013
- A different take on accountability by Caperton December 24, 2011
- On Change and Accountability by Clarisse Thorn December 23, 2011
- On the Hugo Business by Jill January 17, 2012