tigtog blogs a lot elsewhere, but here on Feministe she mostly does the tech support and feeds the giraffe. tigtog tweets in irregular flurries @vivsmythe.

1. The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
    The Kittehs' Unpaid Help August 14, 2013 at 3:53 am |

I can! First time since it crashed.

2. Hrovitnir
    Hrovitnir August 14, 2013 at 3:59 am |

Me too!

3. Matthew
    Matthew August 14, 2013 at 5:16 am |

Phew – it was weird to be without Feministe – even for one day!

4. Matthew
    Matthew August 14, 2013 at 5:20 am |

And I meant to say yes as well!

5. Niall
    Niall August 14, 2013 at 7:37 am |

Yup.

6. Tony
    Tony August 14, 2013 at 8:47 am |

I still don’t see it.

7. Aydan
    Aydan August 14, 2013 at 8:48 am |

Back for me as well!

8. Lateef
    Lateef August 14, 2013 at 9:00 am |

I was seriously missing the Feministe community while #solidarityisforwhitewomen was blowing up yesterday. Curious to see if how the community addresses that today.

1. EG
      EG August 14, 2013 at 9:04 am |

Same here. I was pretty fucking aghast at what I learned white women have been doing/saying.

1. Lateef
        Lateef August 14, 2013 at 9:14 am |

So glad I’m not the only one. Some of the thoughts and words have been troubling, but for me, right now, it’s the silence on both Feministe and Jezebel that are deafening. Again, thanks EG for your voice.

1. Jill
          Jill August 14, 2013 at 9:57 am | *

The silence on Feministe was due to the fact that the blog was down, as explained in this post. We’ll have a post up about the hashtag shortly.

2. EG
          EG August 14, 2013 at 10:12 am |

I know that Jill tweeted an apology to @Karnythia for silence re: Hugo having seemed like acceptance/approval, so I honestly do think that this site’s silence was because it was down all day (I kept checking!).

I just…I know intellectually that because I’m white and because I choose my friends very carefully, I’m going to be insulated from a lot of the racism perpetrated in the name of feminism by feminists. But on a visceral level, I’m shocked by some of the things @Karnythia’s been retweeting–like…white women really say things like this? They really think things like this? What the fuck is wrong with them? Ignorance is a privilege, for real.

3. Lateef
          Lateef August 14, 2013 at 10:24 am |

Jill: Great, thank you.

EG: Totally agree, which is why I come to Feministe, to reduce my own ignorance. Glad that resource is back now.

2. Lolagirl
        Lolagirl August 14, 2013 at 9:21 am |

Me too, err, three.

I find the whole thing disturbing, and yet utterly necessary in order to clear the air. I don’t even follow twitter, but have started just so I could read the tweets on #solidarityisforwhitewomen. Very interesting stuff.

Also, on a tech note, I can only get the site to load on my desktop. No luck so far on my iPad. Compatibility issue, or bug with my iPad?

2. pheenobarbidoll
      pheenobarbidoll August 14, 2013 at 12:47 pm |

I just want to shout I TOLD YOU SO to all the feminists who kept defending that piece of shit. TOLD you he was a liar, TOLD you he was a racist, TOLD you he wasn’t reformed, TOLD you he wasn’t an ally, I TOLD YOU SO!!

1. macavitykitsune
        macavitykitsune August 14, 2013 at 12:53 pm |

*insert obligatory tone argument comment*

*insert whine about how no one could have known*

*insert whine about those angry black wimminz*

*insert derogatory reference to a vendetta*

abloobloobloo

1. EG
          EG August 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm |

That was my favorite part of the Jezebel post–“how could I have known?”

Well, gee, I don’t know, maybe because all these WoC fucking well said so? And so did your damn commenters every time you ran one of his essays. And instead of listening, you kept banning them.

2. pheenobarbidoll
        pheenobarbidoll August 14, 2013 at 1:11 pm |

And, in case it’s still unclear, all his confessions are just another manipulation. There is nothing, NOTHING that comes out of his mouth that isn’t purposely contrived to gain him something.

1. Fat Steve
          Fat Steve August 14, 2013 at 1:19 pm |

Well done.

I myself want to shout SO WHAT? to the people who took such issue with my comment ‘he sounds like a prize tool’ in the comments section of that first interview with him. Gender-based stereotype, my ass.

9. Vol-E
    Vol-E August 14, 2013 at 9:59 am |

So glad you’re back – I get limited opps to check you at work and when the little wheel kept going round & round I figured you were uploading content. But it happened all day :(

Today I need extra time to catch up; better get organized!

Thanks,

/v

10. Fat Steve
    Fat Steve August 14, 2013 at 10:58 am |

See what?

11. Fat Steve
    Fat Steve August 14, 2013 at 11:29 am |

May I recommend a mid-week open thread, as the weekend one was disrupted by the by the outage and has a small percentage of it’s usual post…

1. Fat Steve
      Fat Steve August 14, 2013 at 11:34 am |

P.S. if you need an adorable picture quickly, here are the beautiful Mr. and Ms. B (Brooke and Beezly,) …and my bedspread.

1. The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
        The Kittehs' Unpaid Help August 14, 2013 at 8:21 pm |

Awwww kittiieeeeees! Cuddly kittieeessss!

Here are Miss Fribbie and Miss Mads enjoying the heater.

1. trees
          trees August 14, 2013 at 8:28 pm |

So warm & cozy at your house!!

2. The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
          The Kittehs' Unpaid Help August 14, 2013 at 9:16 pm |

It’s the minimum standard for the kitties! :)