Today is Women’s Equality Day, marking the passage of the 19th Amendment in 1920, which gave women the right to vote. Ninety-three years later, women in the United States have more rights than ever before, but are still a long way away from true equality with men. The feminist movement has never directed all its energy at a single issue (nor should it), but if you could set the agenda, where would you focus feminist efforts for the next several decades?
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Open DOMA IS GUTTED Thread by tigtog June 26, 2013
- Open Life and Times of Madiba Thread by tigtog December 6, 2013
- Weekly Open Thread with a Thread and Nail Portrait by tigtog May 3, 2013
- Inauguration Open Thread by Lauren January 20, 2009
- Weekly Open Thread with vulpine invader by tigtog August 30, 2013