My friends at the Ada Initiative are fundraising for their work supporting women in open technology and culture and there’s only a few days left for them to reach their target. You may already be aware of the work they’ve done over the last few years to persuade various orgs and socs in the open source, fandom and secular communities to adopt well-publicised and consistently enforced anti-harassment policies at cons etc so that these gatherings can be more awesome for everybody. They have lots more ideas for projects and resources they want to develop, so if what they do is relevant to your interests, please consider donating to them ASAP. If you need any more persuasion to donate, this is my birthday week, so you can think of it as a gift in my name!
Since I don’t want to only boost my friends in this space, please use this thread to tell the Feministe readership about other projects you support for which fundraising is happening at the moment. Guidelines are that the projects should be in some way social-justice oriented – that’s it.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- When Allies Fail by Jill December 8, 2009
- On absence and what it represents by Chally June 14, 2010
- Help Georgia high-schoolers throw their first-ever integrated prom by Caperton April 5, 2013
- Open Life and Times of Madiba Thread by tigtog December 6, 2013
- Margaret Thatcher Dies by Jill April 8, 2013