This week’s Open Thread host is this wonderful picture of Mount Pico in the Azores archipelago, which is the land mass closest to the antipodal point of Sydney, Australia. Because it’s on the opposite side of the planet,I am using it to distract myself from my sense of impending doom over this Saturday’s Australian Federal Election. Please natter/chatter/vent/rant on anything* you like over this weekend and throughout the week.
So, what have you been up to? What would you rather be up to? What’s been awesome/awful?
Reading? Watching? Making? Meeting?
What has [insert awesome inspiration/fave fansquee/guilty pleasure/dastardly ne’er-do-well/threat to all civilised life on the planet du jour] been up to?
* Netiquette footnotes:
* There is no off-topic on the Weekly Open Thread, but consider whether your comment would be on-topic on any recent thread and thus better belongs there.
* If your comment touches on topics known to generally result in thread-jacking, you will be expected to take the discussion to #spillover instead of overshadowing the social/circuit-breaking aspects of this thread.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Weekly Open Thread with Six Ducklings by tigtog June 27, 2014
- Open Thread with Basset on a Beach by tigtog September 19, 2014
- Weekly Open Thread with Baby Mountain Goat by tigtog April 4, 2014
- Open Thread with Meerkats by tigtog October 24, 2014
- Weekly Open Thread with Silk in a Market by tigtog March 22, 2013