I don’t have the expertise or lived experience to speak authoritatively on the balance of good and bad in the life of Madiba, but my personal impression is very much that, on balance, his work and in particular his restraint, and renunciation of retributive violence once he had power, has left the world a better place than he found it.
Please link to pieces of interest you have found discussing the legacy of Madiba.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Crowdsourcing: tell Feministe about your fundraiser by tigtog August 28, 2013
- Happy MLK Day by Jill January 16, 2006
- Open DOMA IS GUTTED Thread by tigtog June 26, 2013
- Open Black History Month Thread by tigtog February 4, 2014
- Debate Open Thread by Jill October 4, 2012