Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Alyx
    Alyx January 12, 2014 at 9:32 am |

I’ve put together over 300 educational links on Feminism, Marxism, anti-cissexism, anti-racism, and other social justice topics.

2. Lauren
    Lauren January 12, 2014 at 9:33 am |

Hey, please check out my Kickstarter! My daughter and I are going to travel across Europe, depending on our Internet friends and acquaintances for transportation, shelter, etc., while performing interviews with experts and those who help us about how the Internet affects social interaction. It’s not specifically feminist, but I know that feminists have an active online community and this documentary is for anyone with online friends. We’ll also have the audacity to travel alone while female, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the final movie has feminist scenes in it.

If you have questions, please post them to my Kickstarter as I may miss them if they are posted here.

3. Jem
    Jem January 12, 2014 at 9:58 am |

This week I received a piece whose writer wanted to keep anonymous, so they asked me to publish it on my site under an assumed name. It’s about the TV show “Sherlock”, its difficult relationship with its fans, gender, and sexuality. (NB: though there are no spoilers, it does refer to some narrative events, so please avoid if you don’t want to know any of the story at all!) I think it might be of interest:

I Believe in Sherlock Homes, Just Not So Much in “Sherlock”

4. Heather
    Heather January 12, 2014 at 10:16 am |

Here’s a piece I wrote on celebrities who do call themselves feminists (as a follow-up to my post on celebrities who don’t). It’s frustrating to me that feminism IS being discussed in the mainstream media, but in a way that’s largely unproductive – instead of squabbling about who does or does not define herself (or himself) as a feminist, let’s talk about actual feminist issues!

5. AT
    AT January 12, 2014 at 11:56 am |

I don’t recall if I posted this in the other thread (forgive me if I did): I interviewed Jamie Broadnax of BlackGirlNerds.com. http://taiyibmanifested.com/2014/01/02/gold-star-jamie-broadnax/

Today I published an interview I did with Amanda Levitt, fat activist. http://taiyibmanifested.com/2014/01/12/gold-star-amanda-levitt/

6. BroadBlogs
    BroadBlogs January 12, 2014 at 12:26 pm |

Here is a piece written by a student of mine who talks about her experience in a relationship with an abusive rapist. She says she stayed in the relationship because she lived (and still lives) in a culture that supported her abuse and kept her from questioning it. TRIGGER WARNING

I Made Fun of Feminists… Before My Abuse

Another student admires Audrey Hepburn because, through her, she learned that beauty doesn’t have to be just one shape or fake–and more importantly, beauty comes from within:

Audrey Hepburn Smashed My Beauty Myths

7. Sue
    Sue January 12, 2014 at 12:51 pm |

I wrote this post about lessons I’ve learned on how sexism, homophobia and human services work intersect with poverty as my 61 year old friend faces her end days (with pancreatic cancer.) We are fundraising for her funeral expenses because she doesn’t leave behind enough resources to cover them. We can’t fundraise for every social worker, can we?

This post is about my partner being viewed as my sidekick – we both hate that. It is especially galling when an LGBTQ nonprofit does it.

Is the selfie vapid or feminist? I share the story of how the selfie helped me cope with considering myself ugly after years of cruelty about my eye condition.

Thank you for reading.

8. Ashley
    Ashley January 12, 2014 at 1:13 pm |

I attempted my own commentary on the whole Candace Cameron Bure Submissive Wife issue.

9. rimonim
    rimonim January 12, 2014 at 1:53 pm |

On Coming Out To My Grandmother — She was not just any Jewish grandmother. She was a true master of the form.

Butches, Trans Men, And Me — I am a man. I used be be a stone butch.

10. Tori
    Tori January 12, 2014 at 4:19 pm |

I’m going to get back into more substantive blogging, but right now I just have up a recipe for sweet potato and turkey chili.

11. Sonia Connolly
    Sonia Connolly January 12, 2014 at 6:01 pm |

We each contain the potential for all qualities, ranging from wonderful to terrible. When we stop fighting our shadows, we see ourselves and the rest of the world more clearly.
    Unhook from Projection

12. Véronique
    Véronique January 12, 2014 at 10:23 pm |

On Friday the 3rd, we flew to Boston for my niece’s wedding, just missing the snow storm. But it had its revenge when we were unable to return on Sunday and had to wait until Thursday. Lemon pastries is about what we managed to do when weather and airlines gave us lemons.

(BTW, my new nephew’s “best man” was a woman. I didn’t find out why, but it was kind of cool.)

13. Gretchen