tigtog blogs a lot elsewhere, but here on Feministe she mostly does the tech support and feeds the giraffe. tigtog tweets in irregular flurries @vivsmythe.

1. ldouglas
    ldouglas January 16, 2014 at 3:21 pm |

Phyrangula deals a lot with misogyny in the freethought/atheist movement, as well as generally debunking evopsych nonsense. I also recommend Skepchick for similar themes.

* Special note for contenders for Feministe’s Next Top Troll: don’t waste our time with your hater links. You will be giraffed.

Off-topic, but I miss this feature.

2. macavitykitsune
    macavitykitsune January 16, 2014 at 3:30 pm |

I like The Bicker (formerly STFU Conservatives) for concise news round-ups – very US-centric – and takedowns of bullshit conservative talking points.

3. DannyChameleon
    DannyChameleon January 16, 2014 at 3:41 pm |

I just read the Feministe’s Next Top Troll threads (slightly before I first started commenting) and… WOW!

4. Brinstar
    Brinstar January 16, 2014 at 3:59 pm |

Suggestion: add The Border House to the Media section. It’s a feminist blog about videogames.

5. Fat Steve
    Fat Steve January 16, 2014 at 5:55 pm |

Gotta eat…

The Feminist Kitchen

6. Alison
    Alison January 17, 2014 at 12:08 am |

Angry Asian Man is a good one for AAPI voices and issues.

And she doesn’t blog super regularly all the time, but Jessica Luther, aka @scaTX is a great read on feminism, sports, red state politics, reproductive justice, and more.

7. Donna L
    Donna L January 17, 2014 at 12:30 am |

AngryBrownButch stopped being an active blog about a year and a half ago, I think.

Pam’s House Blend is now, unfortunately, defunct.

Also, all the old posts at Questioning Transphobia seem to have vanished except for five of them, and I don’t think that’s been updated for a long time either. And the “recent posts” sidebar now has links to things like “baby walking shoes” and “best clarifying shampoo.” But maybe I’m just having computer problems.

It looks like Tigerbeatdown hasn’t been updated since last June.

Rachelstavern seems no longer to exist.

Ta-Nehisi Coates blogs at The Atlantic now: http://www.theatlantic.com/ta-nehisi-coates/

8. SophiaBlue
    SophiaBlue January 17, 2014 at 12:36 am |

Since Donna mentioned Tiger Beatdown, Flavia Dzodan now writes at Red Light Politics.

1. Donna L
      Donna L January 17, 2014 at 12:45 am |

And she’s great!

9. EG
    EG January 17, 2014 at 1:46 am |

Hood Feminism, where Karnythia blogs, is awesome.

10. Chataya
    Chataya January 17, 2014 at 7:59 am |

Gradient Lair is a pretty awesome womanist blog.

11. Shay'a'chern
    Shay'a'chern January 17, 2014 at 8:55 am |

I’m quite fond of Black Girl Dangerous

1. Jess Eagle
      Jess Eagle January 19, 2014 at 4:55 pm |

Definitely. BGD should be on the blog roll!

12. Andie
    Andie January 17, 2014 at 10:55 am |

Epbot is a pretty cool geek/craft blog with feminist leanings.

1. Bonnie
      Bonnie January 17, 2014 at 12:27 pm |

Ooops, still haven’t quite figured out how to link properly.

1. Ally S
        Ally S January 17, 2014 at 6:14 pm |

You can try using the HTML anchor tags to make links:

<a href="www.link.com" >insert text here</a>

Where you can replace “www.link.com” with a link of your choice and you can replace “insert text here” with your own title of the link. It’s the messier way, but it might be helpful to know anyway.

1. Donna L
          Donna L January 17, 2014 at 6:26 pm |

Thanks, Ally. Every time I try to use the link shortcut, it doesn’t work. Obviously, I’m doing it wrong! So I’ll try your way.

2. Ally S
          Ally S January 17, 2014 at 6:43 pm |

Yeah, that’s why I prefer to manually type in the HTML tags – it gives me more control.

It’s also probably a good idea to use the <blockquote>text</blockquote> tags, the <strong>text</strong> tags,
          and the <em>text</em> tags instead of the “b-quote”, “/b”, and “/i” buttons respectively (you can replace “text” with whatever you wish). That way it’s easier to avoid mistakes such as making the rest of the comment italic on accident.

3. Ally S
          Ally S January 20, 2014 at 11:34 pm |

and if you use the Preview button underneath the commenting text-input area, you’ll be able to check that they’ve inserted correctly around the exact text you want to format before you hit the Post Comment button.

Silly me. I can’t believe I forgot that. =P

2. Bonnie
        Bonnie January 17, 2014 at 8:06 pm |

Thank you.

13. irishup
    irishup January 17, 2014 at 1:16 pm |

tressiemc has great analyses from a WOC navigating academia

the Black Youth Project; “The work of The Black Youth Project (BYP) is based on three basic concepts: knowledge, voice, and action.”

As Us is an online literary magazine I’ve just discovered and am loving so far.

I also love The Feminist Wire.

14. EG
    EG January 17, 2014 at 5:18 pm |

I really love American Indians in Children’s Literature, by Debbie Reese, but I don’t know whether or not it’s too specialized.

15. Anna
    Anna January 19, 2014 at 2:08 am |

To totally self-promote, Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona has a blog that’s updated regularly and contains a wealth of information on sexual and reproductive health, as well as pieces on history, LGBT rights, abortion rights, and more. Despite being written by Arizonans, it is almost always pertinent to people around the world — the only exception is during the election season, when we focus on local and state candidates. :)

16. Jess Eagle
    Jess Eagle January 19, 2014 at 4:57 pm |

Can I suggest my own site, House of Flout ?
    We’re small, but we try to keep it unique, relevant, and important. Thanks for considering!

17. pheenobarbidoll
    pheenobarbidoll January 20, 2014 at 5:46 pm |
  18. macavitykitsune
    macavitykitsune January 20, 2014 at 8:10 pm |

I have a question for the Modly Ones, related to updating the blogroll. I realise that most blogs cover a whole bunch of different kinds of news, but since some are highly specific to race, or sexuality, or such (e.g. Love Isn’t Enough, or Gradient Lair), would it be useful to have a category breakdown? Or at least a short description along the lines of (focuses on race) or (deals with anti-blackness and misogyny) or something?

19. Sharon M
    Sharon M January 20, 2014 at 9:22 pm |

Can you delete my first comment please? Thanks. [done ~ mods]

20. White Rabbit
    White Rabbit January 23, 2014 at 4:32 pm |

Here are a couple of my favorites that don’t show up in the blog roll:

Also, if you’re accepting additions to the media section, Citizen Radio is an excellent feminist news podcast. They can be found at: http://wearecitizenradio.com

21. Sharon M
    Sharon M January 27, 2014 at 9:52 pm |

Oops sorry tigtog!

22. Miri
    Miri February 2, 2014 at 3:16 pm |

I’d like to shamelessly plug my blog, Brute Reason, but only because y’all have linked to it a few times anyway. :)