Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Heather
    Heather March 30, 2014 at 9:30 am |

This week I posted a quick introduction to objectification, since it’s a word a lot of people seem to use without really understanding the concept.

I also put together some fun and interesting links for the end of women’s history month.

2. Leigh
    Leigh March 30, 2014 at 10:06 am |

Last week at Bitch Flicks, we ran a series of posts in celebration of “The Great Actresses.” We have posts on Louise Brooks, Meryl Streep, Pre-Code anti-heroes, forgotten Black actresses, Katharine Hepburn, Pam Grier, and more.

Here is a link to the roundup of all of the posts!

3. socbaker
    socbaker March 30, 2014 at 11:31 am |

New at Human with Uterus this week:

Discussion of the new AAP.ACOG statement on water birth

4. Marsha
    Marsha March 30, 2014 at 12:11 pm |

Our newest global issues guide on the power of language: http://humaneeducation.org/blog/2014/03/27/power-language-newest-global-issues-guide/

5. trans_commie
    trans_commie March 30, 2014 at 12:25 pm |

Why cultural appropriation is oppressive: http://mellowness.dreamwidth.org/32850.html

Yes, no does mean no: http://mellowness.dreamwidth.org/33061.html

6. Sue
    Sue March 30, 2014 at 1:06 pm |

Random question – is there such a thing a 2.5 Wave Feminism?

There were several thought articles in the media about bisexuality.

I’ve only got One Shade of Grey which I inherited from my mother.

I resigned from the BlogHer Social Media Influencers program (and still debating leaving the site) and here’s a glimpse why. Did anyone else notice that they use GLBT instead of LGBT?

7. Victoria Gaile
    Victoria Gaile March 30, 2014 at 1:06 pm |

On Children, Priests, and Scandal in Church: analyzing the response to a hurtful incident reported at a parish mass, in light of the sex abuse scandal (because how can it not be).

And a little links roundup.

8. Angelia Sparrow
    Angelia Sparrow March 30, 2014 at 1:21 pm |

CN: homophobia, religion
    My thoughts on Fred Phelps’ demise: Fred Phelps and the Gift of God’s Hatred

A week of accomplishment and self-examination, with some hard conclusions.

Never know what you’ll find on a pantry declutter.

And I edited my indiegogo campaign again.

9. Rebecca Griffin
    Rebecca Griffin March 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm |

You’re not helping: A few stories this week had me asking, “how do people think this possible helps their cause?” On RAINN and rape culture, Obama and the Iraq war, and law schools policing female lawyers’ clothing.

It pays to have more women on the Supreme Court: Well after Justice Sotomayor was mocked for her comments on the perspective of a “wise Latina,” the Hobby Lobby case shows how important it is to have women on the Supreme Court.

10. BroadBlogs
    BroadBlogs March 30, 2014 at 1:55 pm |

We don’t eroticize men’s bodies the way we do women’s:

Men: Erotic Objects of Women’s Gaze

11. Kat Murry
    Kat Murry March 30, 2014 at 2:03 pm |

This week I wrote about when managing is hard and you’re not sure how to describe this experience to someone else: “My mind’s aflutter in the quiet (with you)” – http://wp.me/p39G3C-p8.

12. delagar
    delagar March 30, 2014 at 2:20 pm |

My new post at Grounded Parents is On Being The Grown-Up. (Content Warning: Insects.)

13. Jecca
    Jecca March 30, 2014 at 2:53 pm |

I posted my band’s new song and explained the feminist lyrics. I also talked about Lilly Allen’s anti-feminism and some other stuff :)

14. Ashley
    Ashley March 30, 2014 at 3:08 pm |
  15. rimonim
    rimonim March 30, 2014 at 3:08 pm |

LGBT Is Not A Synonym For Gay. The opposite of LGBT is not straight.

On Irises & Ugly Ducklings. Language shapes reality, mediating not only what is know, but what can be known. Nobody taught me the words for myself.

16. Zel Riza
    Zel Riza March 30, 2014 at 3:14 pm |

My friend and I started a feminist/humanist/progressive Facebook group called Humanist Perspective.

We post pretty much anything that catches our attention, and we also do theme days, which is pretty fun.

And of course, anyone who joins is more than welcome to shamelessly promote their own blogs. : D

17. ollie
    ollie March 30, 2014 at 4:05 pm |

I haven’t self promoted in ages! I’ve written some book reviews (Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch, Lionel Shriver’s Big brother) and a couple of things about queerness and community. One involves attending a trans storytelling night where 90% of the audience didn’t know S Bear Bergman was trans, and the other is about the homo head nod. Enjoy!

18. Debbi
    Debbi March 30, 2014 at 5:42 pm |
  19. The Unwed Mother Agenda
    The Unwed Mother Agenda March 30, 2014 at 6:08 pm |

1. How to have a baby as a nightclub bartender without any insurance.

2. Pretending to be in LA in the late 90′s.

3. Two dudes who are really good at drinking

4. And Mickey Avalon is probably still alive.

20. Laura (dusty_rose)
    Laura (dusty_rose) March 30, 2014 at 9:30 pm |

I wrote about:

-Et tu, Girls Write Now? On finding out that an organization I really like is looking for unpaid “interns” to do full-time entry-level work, and the differences between such exploitative “internships” and the kind that are very-part time and actually benefit the interns.

-We deserve better: on lack of opportunities in the fields the world needs the most, and economic violence.

21. Tori
    Tori March 31, 2014 at 12:50 am |

I wrote On Casual Weight Comments on receiving weight loss compliments during illness.

22. Hannah
    Hannah March 31, 2014 at 4:29 am |

According to a major UK newspaper, ABORTION SETS ACTUAL BABIES ON FIRE! Except in reality, where it doesn’t do that.

23. tigtog
    tigtog March 31, 2014 at 8:11 am | *

There seems to be a deluge of blatant commercial spam coming into being submitted to this thread, so I’m putting all comments into moderation in case one sneaks through the automod. Please have patience, we’ll approve all posts that meet the guidelines ASAP.

24. Comrade Kevin
    Comrade Kevin March 31, 2014 at 10:44 am |

Another fictionalized short story excerpt about an alcoholic in recovery and a cross-country trip that should have never been taken. It is entitled “A Silent Anniversary.”

25. Athenia
    Athenia March 31, 2014 at 10:47 am |

Like webcomics? I interviewed the creator of Moonsticks.org, a weekly Sailor Moon webcomic. Chibi Jen’s story goes to show you how fandom and manga can get girls interested in tech!

Bedknobs & MoonSticks: An Interview with Chibi Jen

26. Natalie
    Natalie March 31, 2014 at 2:43 pm |

This week I wrote about vaccinations

Also the Hobby Lobby Case focusing mainly on how birth control is a public health issue.