Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

Promote yourself.

Netiquette reminders:

• Want to recommend someone else’s writing instead? Try the latest signal-boosting thread.
  • we expect Content Notes as a courtesy to our readers for problematic content in linked posts and/or their comment threads (a habit of posting only triggering/disparaging links may annoy the Giraffe (you really don’t want to annoy the Giraffe))
  • extended discussion of self-promotion links on this thread is counter-productive for the intended signal-boosting –  the idea is for the promoted sites to get more traffic.  If it’s a side-discussion that would be off-topic/unwelcome/distressing on the other site, take it to #spillover after leaving a note on this thread redirecting others there.

About Jill

This entry was posted in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

1. C.D. says:

I analyzed ESPN’s latest Body Issue to see if the representation of female athletes has gotten any better. Spoiler: it’s complicated!
    Revenge of the Bodies We Want: More Naked Athletes and Even More Unwanted Feminist Analysis.

2. I wrote: Not in My Name, about Israel’s massacre in Gaza.

I also wrote (towards the end of this outfit post) about a fat-positive burlesque show I went to.

3. ninjanurse says:

Today in science- Prozac makes fish cheerful and confident, but turns clams into raging bivalve sex machines. It’s always the quiet ones…
    Tarot Daily Dot Decoder, August 9, 2014

4. Heather says:

This week I addressed that NHS anti-rape poster.

I also updated my feminist reading list with some lesbian films and novels, The Advocate’s 175 essential films for LGBT people, and some feminist theory 101 reading.

Enjoy!

5. In Pride, Ecumenism, Contraception, and Divorce, I take a look at how the first two relate to how churches should influence how they approach the last two.

And a links roundup:
    So Much Internet: Women’s Bodies Edition

6. Anna says:

For National Immunization Awareness Month, we shared Care’s story. As a Peace Corps volunteer, she saw the devastation wrought by diseases like measles in West Africa — and when she returned home, she caught whooping cough in Texas. She can tell you from experience: Worldwide, vaccination matters.

Also, if you want more links to click, we have a collection of headlines for you, including a profile of the amazing Willie Parker, one of Mississippi’s last abortion providers; articles about the conservatives’ war on contraception; pieces on the rapid shutdown of abortion clinics across Texas; and more.

7. BroadBlogs says:

Women are still proclaiming they’re not feminists over at Tumblr…

So why do women sometimes fight against their own interests? It’s an important question since it’s sometimes used to justify sexism.

Why Would Women Grumble and Tumble Over Feminism?

Side-by-side comparisons show how strange it looks when women and men get the same sex object treatment.

A lot of people get “sexual objectification” confused with “sexy.” Why is objectification of problem?

His & Hers Objectification

8. This week was my Silver Anniversary. So there are pictures, and presents. But I didn’t have the brainpower for introspection.

Also, a cover reveal for a re-release

9. rimonim says:

Where Will The Trans Movement Be In 10 Years? Gains I would like to see by 2025.

7 Reasons To Use Preferred Gender Pronouns. Those little syllables can make us cry, puke, or scream–or they can make our day. Here are a few reasons we should all take the time to get pronouns right.

10. PeggyLuWho says:

Not really feminism related, but here’s the latest in my series about conquering my procrastinating habits.

11. Mancheeze says:

Mancheeze is having a fundraiser. Plus an MRA comes to visit. http://mancheeze.wordpress.com/

12. Kat Murry says:

This week on the blog, I wrote about coping with generalized anxiety, even when it feels unrelenting — Managing is an illusory concept.

13. Sue says:

Our blog joined the call for the inclusion of all women – trans women are women – in the Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival.

I find it to be a distasteful form of bullying to harass people into stop reporting misconduct on Facebook or other forms of social media.

When this woman shoved her car through a too small corner of the parking lot at the AMTRAK station, I immediately thought “TOWANDA!”

I’ll have vinegar with my licorice tea, please.