Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Scopophilia
    Scopophilia August 24, 2014 at 9:07 am | | Reply

I reviewed Kelly Reichardt’s ‘Night Moves:’ http://film-nut.tumblr.com/post/95368696496/night-moves-2014

and chose 5 weekend links: http://film-nut.tumblr.com/post/95631964231/the-weekend-5

1. Anna
      Anna August 24, 2014 at 11:31 am | | Reply

I love Kelly Reichhardt! Thanks for making me aware that a new film is out … I’ve been swamped lately, and therefore largely out of it!

2. Andie
    Andie August 24, 2014 at 11:24 am | | Reply

I wrote about an Ottawa food bank that is refusing certain ‘unhealthy’ foods and the bigger issue of people having to consistently rely on food banks.

Food Banks, Nutrition, KD and the Social Safety Net

3. Anna
    Anna August 24, 2014 at 11:29 am | | Reply

Did you know that some STDs can more than double your chance of acquiring the virus that causes AIDS if you’re exposed to it sexually? By causing open sores or changes in your immune system, certain STDs can make you more vulnerable to HIV. STD prevention is HIV prevention!

And if you’re in search of more links, check out our latest fortnightly reprojustice headline roundup.

4. ninjanurse
    ninjanurse August 24, 2014 at 11:46 am | | Reply

While walking in a graveyard I found a monument to an unconventional love, 2 men and the woman who linked their lives. Did these three create their own blessed isle in the stormy times after the Civil War?

5. Rebecca Griffin
    Rebecca Griffin August 24, 2014 at 11:50 am | | Reply

Last week, I wrote about some of the lessons we need to remember after Ferguson, from not letting other topics distract from racist violence to looking at that violence as a feminist issue.

6. C.D.
    C.D. August 24, 2014 at 12:14 pm | | Reply

Have you seen the comic claiming Captain America is perfect BECAUSE he’s a white aryan dude? Yeah, I have some serious problems with that argument

7. rimonim
    rimonim August 24, 2014 at 1:09 pm | | Reply

Gender Dysphoria Is A Good Problem. It’s a problem with a path to recovery, crooked though that road may be.

8. Véronique
    Véronique August 24, 2014 at 3:32 pm | | Reply

The feminist blogosphere tends to skew young, but guess what? No one is young forever. In The year of living agerously, I find the downside but also the upside of becoming a woman of a certain age.

9. BJ DuVall
    BJ DuVall August 24, 2014 at 3:46 pm | | Reply

I did a short watercolor-comic piece about men and women.

“Maybe Flowers Will Help”
    at my comic site

10. Kat Murry
    Kat Murry August 24, 2014 at 9:30 pm | | Reply

This week on the blog, I wrote about how we talk about disability depends on the setting: The contextual language of autism.

11. Sue
    Sue August 25, 2014 at 3:33 pm | | Reply

Is Taylor Swift’s video racist?

In 2013, 72% of anti-LGBT Homicide Victims Were Transgender Women

This Is Why I Use the Facebook Check-In Tool And You Should Too

TW: 17 Year Old Trans Male Student Dies By Suicide in Eastern PA

My thoughts on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

12. SheGoesCeo
    SheGoesCeo August 28, 2014 at 7:15 am | | Reply

I’m launching a blog on how to build an online business (or offline). I noticed there are tons of male-run online business blogs (like startup bros and the like) but none for women. Hope to see you there! http://www.shegoesceo.com