Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

Promote yourself.

Netiquette reminders:

• Want to recommend someone else’s writing instead? Try the latest signal-boosting thread.
  • we expect Content Notes as a courtesy to our readers for problematic content in linked posts and/or their comment threads (a habit of posting only triggering/disparaging links may annoy the Giraffe (you really don’t want to annoy the Giraffe))
  • extended discussion of self-promotion links on this thread is counter-productive for the intended signal-boosting –  the idea is for the promoted sites to get more traffic.  If it’s a side-discussion that would be off-topic/unwelcome/distressing on the other site, take it to #spillover after leaving a note on this thread redirecting others there.

About Jill

This entry was posted in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

• Anna says:

I love Kelly Reichhardt! Thanks for making me aware that a new film is out … I’ve been swamped lately, and therefore largely out of it!

1. Andie says:

I wrote about an Ottawa food bank that is refusing certain ‘unhealthy’ foods and the bigger issue of people having to consistently rely on food banks.

Food Banks, Nutrition, KD and the Social Safety Net

2. Anna says:

Did you know that some STDs can more than double your chance of acquiring the virus that causes AIDS if you’re exposed to it sexually? By causing open sores or changes in your immune system, certain STDs can make you more vulnerable to HIV. STD prevention is HIV prevention!

And if you’re in search of more links, check out our latest fortnightly reprojustice headline roundup.

3. ninjanurse says:

While walking in a graveyard I found a monument to an unconventional love, 2 men and the woman who linked their lives. Did these three create their own blessed isle in the stormy times after the Civil War?

4. Last week, I wrote about some of the lessons we need to remember after Ferguson, from not letting other topics distract from racist violence to looking at that violence as a feminist issue.

5. C.D. says:

Have you seen the comic claiming Captain America is perfect BECAUSE he’s a white aryan dude? Yeah, I have some serious problems with that argument

6. rimonim says:

Gender Dysphoria Is A Good Problem. It’s a problem with a path to recovery, crooked though that road may be.

7. Véronique says:

The feminist blogosphere tends to skew young, but guess what? No one is young forever. In The year of living agerously, I find the downside but also the upside of becoming a woman of a certain age.

8. BJ DuVall says:

I did a short watercolor-comic piece about men and women.

“Maybe Flowers Will Help”
    at my comic site

9. Kat Murry says:

This week on the blog, I wrote about how we talk about disability depends on the setting: The contextual language of autism.

10. Sue says:

Is Taylor Swift’s video racist?

In 2013, 72% of anti-LGBT Homicide Victims Were Transgender Women

This Is Why I Use the Facebook Check-In Tool And You Should Too

TW: 17 Year Old Trans Male Student Dies By Suicide in Eastern PA

My thoughts on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

11. SheGoesCeo says:

I’m launching a blog on how to build an online business (or offline). I noticed there are tons of male-run online business blogs (like startup bros and the like) but none for women. Hope to see you there! http://www.shegoesceo.com