Uh-oh. Someone better warn the “Food Babe” aka Vani “there is no acceptable level of any chemical to ingest, ever” Hari about that scarily ubiquitous chemical molecule dihydrogen monoxide and the evil conspiracy to make the world believe that DHMO is totally safe for us to ingest.
For a serious scientific takedown of Hari’s latest ignorant scaremongering, try Orac at Scienceblogs. For a more amusing snarky takedown
(n.b. Content Note for Casual Ableism) try C.A. Pinkham at Kitchenette.
Hari is currently promoting her book which promises to educate us all about hidden toxins in our foods so that we can remove/avoid them and thus “Lose Weight, Look Years Younger, and Get Healthy in Just 21 Days” which, as the Kitchenette post points out, sounds exactly like the sort of promise only a totally reliable and trustworthy person would make. Hari also warns the world about listening to the “medical establishment” or even “registered dietitians” about supposedly safely ingestable chemicals in food because these health professionals allegedly all have some icky “industry tie” and that it’s only outsiders (like Hari) who can see the “corruption”.
Now I just have to figure out what I’m going to substitute for all that DHMO in my diet.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- By all means, let’s use the fear of fat to justify feeding (patented!) hormones to infants by zuzu April 24, 2007
- New Rule: Bill Maher gets to eat in public unaccosted when babies do. by Jill September 19, 2007
- Michael J. Fox: 1, B-List Godbag Celebrities: 0 by Jill October 27, 2006
- Back in the dark ages of 1992, I believed the gay evil eye could give me AIDS! by Holly December 10, 2007
- Curly hair tangles less? Really? by zuzu September 13, 2007