Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

Promote yourself. (Or somebody else.)

Netiquette reminders:

• we expect Content Notes as a courtesy to our readers for problematic content in linked posts and/or their comment threads (a habit of posting only triggering/disparaging links may annoy the Giraffe (you really don’t want to annoy the Giraffe)), Content Notes are not needed if your post title is already descriptive of problematic content.
  • extended discussion of self-promotion links on this thread is counter-productive for the intended signal-boosting –  the idea is for the promoted sites to get more traffic.  If it’s a side-discussion that would be off-topic/unwelcome/distressing on the other site, take it to #spillover after leaving a note on this thread redirecting others there.

10 comments for “Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

1. Elle Kacee
    May 17, 2015 at 10:35 am

Here’s a personal little essay I wrote called about when I chose to be straight.

2. May 17, 2015 at 3:00 pm

We explained some important facts about HPV, probably one of the most confusing STDs out there. Plus, one of our interns shared her impressions of watching Arizona pass its latest attack on abortion rights at the Capitol.

Also a collection of links, for all of you seeking yet more reading material!

3. May 17, 2015 at 3:07 pm

More than 40 women have now asserted that Bill Cosby sexually assaulted them. In response to this evolving story — and those of other public figures similarly accused — I wrote a link-heavy challenge to the kinds of doubt and regret people often express whenever rape allegations are made against a celebrity.

4. May 17, 2015 at 4:13 pm

I wrote about the (shocking!) news that anti-choice views correlate with sexism, and some examples of how that manifests.

5. Sue
    May 17, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I wrote a post about a new program in Pittsburgh to allow SNAP (food stamp) recipients to access farmers market AND how this benefits everyone.

6. May 17, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I’m trying to fight OCR’s rejection of my complaint against my school, Carnegie Mellon. I developed PTSD from what CMU did. My parents are not supportive–they’re outright abusive. I’ve been writing about the legal fight on my blog. The most recent post, though, is about the abuse I suffer from my family. My degree is in psychology/decision science, so I’m intending to do a full analysis of their behavior in the next series of posts while I wait to hear back about my legal stuff.

7. May 18, 2015 at 10:12 am

It always fascinates me what people consider “too sexualized.” In the anime Sailor Moon, one of our heroines is an elementary school girl–and she’s drawn with breasts. But there’s more to it that Westerners might not pick up on….

Is Sailor Chibi Moon Too Sexualized?

8. May 19, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I just published a book called THRIVE: HOW I BECAME A SUPERHERO which is an account of my suffering that I transformed into personal growth and empowerment. It covers topics like molestation, misogyny, sexuality, whiteness, class, unemployment, homelessness, childbirth, college rape, victim-blaming, healing, and self-acceptance. It is for anyone who needs a reminder that suffering is not the end, or solidarity, or a possible path forward.

9. May 19, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Dad Bods! The latest trend in male physiques to hit the internet. Harmless and cute? Or underpinned by misogyny? SergeantPolly weighs in.

10. Hannah
    June 5, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Here’s some cute baby blankets I’ve been making. https://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsmakeclothes?ref=hdr_shop_menu