Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday [November 2016]

graphic of two overlapping circles - one is a speech bubble with the word SHARE - below the circles text says CHECK THIS OUT!

By Share Maroc (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

As we’re experiencing a post-election influx of old blogfriends, let’s resurrect an old tradition. Promote yourself. (Or somebody else.)
P.S. The traditional weekly thread is almost certainly not currently sustainable, so let’s give a monthly thread a whirl.

Netiquette reminders:

• we expect Content Notes as a courtesy to our readers for problematic content in linked posts and/or their comment threads (a habit of posting only triggering/disparaging links may annoy the Giraffe (you really don’t want to annoy the Giraffe)), Content Notes are not needed if your post title is already descriptive of problematic content.
  • extended discussion of self-promotion links on this thread is counter-productive for the intended signal-boosting –  the idea is for the promoted sites to get more traffic.  If it’s a side-discussion that would be off-topic/unwelcome/distressing on the other site, take it to #spillover after leaving a note on this thread redirecting others there.

8 comments for “Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday [November 2016]

1. November 13, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I kind of stopped blogging on issues and personal stuff, and have been working more on my artwork and accompanying blog.

I’ve currently got a few pieces in a few local exhibits right now, including a feminist-themed show celebrating girls and women.

actuallyacollection.blogspot.ca

2. November 14, 2016 at 7:47 am

This is my first comment on Feministe though I’ve been following for years!

I’m an American expat teaching English in Czech Republic. I blog on travel adventures and language faux pas at Chlohemian (https://chlohemian.wordpress.com).

Though it’s not explicitly feminist, I aim to show a feminist perspective simply through my outlook- that I can teach and travel at the same time, and especially solo female travel.

• Marwa
      November 27, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Well done .you are the new generation . You can be what ever you dream to be . You will make it happen .and you are Diffently still feminine. Keep travelling and teaching as long you feel you can give . Once you had enough new door opens for you for something bigger

3. November 14, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Hi Everyone :)

We just recently started our blog and would love to get some feedback.

We focus on socio-critical pieces, wrapped around the story of “Calm and Storm”:

“… she grew up in the wild. Naked and free. Educated by the law of nature, by oneness with the elements. She breathes love, and justice flows through her veins.

One day she left paradise, her destiny sent her into our world…” ;

Click here to read more: http://bit.ly/2fb5NPL

Soph

4. November 19, 2016 at 2:22 am

inspired by some conversations I had after the election, I wrote up a post about things white people should do to step up in the fight against Donald Trump https://ofmeansandends.com/2016/11/15/white-people-trump/

5. November 21, 2016 at 3:15 pm

I made a video, a poem, a video poem, in response to all the rhetoric about female bodies that hurt so much this election cycle.

XOXO,
    Nasimeh B.E.

6. SunlessNick
    November 25, 2016 at 9:56 am

I wrote an open letter to Trump supporters who don’t like being called bigoted.

Jennifer Kesler, who runs the same site, wrote two pieces of her own on similar veins.

7. Frank Strong
    December 20, 2016 at 5:07 pm

I know this thread is old, but I just came across it and thought I would share something I just published, on learning about rape culture from listening as a teenaged boy to Tori Amos:

Thanks!