In a statement that surprises absolutely no one, Donald Trump said that he thought the presidency would be easier than being a businessman.
“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going,” Trump told Reuters in an interview. “This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”
Sure. Leading the most powerful country in the world, with a federal government of more than 2.7 million employees, a $3.8 trillion budget, $20.1 trillion in debt, and a population of 321.4 million would be way easier than heading up an occasionally bankrupt real estate empire.
He misses privacy, he misses the freedom that comes with not having a 24-hour Secret Service detail, he misses driving, and he misses his comparatively easy life in his golden penthouse.
On the subject of presidential surprises, here’s another thing Trump never saw coming: healthcare.
“Now, I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject,” he added. “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.”
“After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy. I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power” over North Korea. “But it’s not what you would think.”
The sheer magnitude of the presidency:
BILL O’REILLY: What surprised you?
TRUMP: I think the size, the magnitude of everything.
No, Mr. President, pretty much everyone knew that being the president is a lot of work, healthcare is complicated, the scope of the presidency is big, and the situation with China and North Korea is exactly what you’d think if you bothered to pay the slightest bit of attention to the region. It’s not “everyone.” It’s just you, dude.
It’s just you.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Quick hit: Still “presidential,” y’all? by Caperton July 3, 2017
- Trump’s new policy about transgender service members is bullshit. by Caperton July 27, 2017
- Quick hit: Trump vows to bring us cleaned coal by Caperton August 24, 2017
- Creeptastic: Donald Trump still awful, still fixated on women’s blood by Caperton June 29, 2017
- Quick Hit: Trump fails to not be racist as he “honors” Native American code talkers by Caperton November 28, 2017